Thursday, May 07, 2009

Not the face of the movement

I've been wondering whether to say anything about the Perez Hilton beauty pageant scandal. (The scandal is about Hilton's atrocious behavior; it's not about the runner-up contestant.) But Stan has basically said it for me:
As I said, I'm glad that Carrie stood on principle. I don't think she was treated fairly. I am not surprised, but I am disappointed that she has been so abused for stating her opinion. Up to this point I'm with you. But when we begin to see a beauty queen as our best spokesman on the topic of same-sex unions, I have a problem. Congratulations, Carrie, for standing on the truth. Now, can we find a better "front man"?
Yes, please. And don't miss Stan's followup post, either:
One side says, "We are intolerant and judgmental of sin" and the other side says "We are not intolerant or judgmental ... but we hate everything you believe". Which of those is hypocritical? You tell me.

6 comments:

Hubie Goode said...

Yes, I love how the press likes to grab hold of the unqualified or the seemingly unqualified who disagree with them and then spin the impression the way the want. I've seen several very good and cogent preachings on this subject on the Daystar channel, but the press never shows those excerpts.

http://hubiegoode.blogspot.com

Stan said...

Not a comment on the post. Just wondering. When are you going to start posting again? I've always enjoyed your stuff. Time for more, isn't it?

FzxGkJssFrk said...

Hey Stan, it is time for more. I just (just!) secured a permanent job, and it's going to be keeping us in the same place we are now. I'm also going to be the director of worship for a new PCA church plant in our town. I'm still trying to sort out my thoughts about what it means to stop moving, and trying to figure out how this blog fits into all that. I think it has a place, but I think I would like it to be more focused on the intersections of science, Christianity and music, and hopefully (!) less political.

By the way, you've been making me think quite a bit over the last couple of months. Seriously thought-provoking stuff. Keep it up!

Stan said...

Looking forward to your return. (And keep thinking ... whether or not I keep it up. :) )

Jane said...

It's been a while since your last post. Hopefully, they'll be interesting posts soon. I miss them. Good luck on everything. By the way, these best gifts that you could give your better-half might interest you too. Thanks and have a nice and fulfilling day.

Windy Wilson said...

"... but we hate everything you believe" [and you for insisting on holding to those beliefs].